I believe, I am an adult, never grown out of the choco – mania 🙂
Strangely, whenever I decide to bake, I end up baking a chocolate cake, with few variations though. There are two basic reasons to this :
#1 I am a terrible chocoholic
#2 I got a girl who is equally growing fond of chocolates 😛
So possibly, I am never gonna bake a cake of any other flavour !!
( I like to experiment though )
This weekend, since I could not find other ingredients at hand, I had to bake this cake, called the chocolate pot, with some coffee, added for extra flavour.
Hope you all like it……..
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 drop vanilla essence
- 100 g melted butter
- 100 g baking chocolate
- 100 ml any aerated drink (pepsi/coke/thumbs up)
- some coffee (grounded)
- some extra chocolate (optional)
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together in a microwave.
- In a bowl, sift together, flour, castor sugar, cocoa powder and the baking powder.
- To this dry mix, add the melted butter and chocolate and whisk together.
- Now add, a drop of vanilla essence, coffee and the aerated drink. Whisk together properly.
- Grease a microwave proof glass bowl with butter and pour in the mixture.
- Drop the extra chocolate, exactly in the middle of the bowl. Make sure to cover it up with the mixture.
- Microwave at 100% power for 2 min and then check.
- Next microwave again at 80% power for 2 min.
- Then microwave at 50% power for 1 min and check if a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and its ready to gulp 🙂
You can either turn it upside down, out of the bowl in a plate and eat it with vanilla ice cream. Or, eat it in the bowl itself.
Since I couldn’t resist the killing smell of the chocolate while it was baking, I preferred the second method.
The melted chocolate in the middle of the bowl, satisfies your extreme chocolate cravings…….it is like a choco-lava bursting into your mouth 😉
Till you go bake yours, I am off to finish my choco-lava-coffee-bowl of goodness !!